Data Request Screen
Request Evaluation Screen
The purpose of this document is to provide the necessary instructions so that a user can easily use the GFBI DMS application, understand the policies applied to the data and the necessary flows for the transfer of this data.
Description of the scope of this document:
- To inform end users of the characteristics and ways of operating the system.
- Provide the user with the information necessary to use the GFBI DMS.
- Facilitate the registration of requests for use of the service and fault reports.
- Know how to use a system, through a detailed description and illustrated through options.
Brief description of the functionality of the system for users of the manual. Through this application, any registered user can:
- Contribute new tree-level data to the GFBI global database.
- Request forest data at the parcel level from around the world for a specific research purpose.
- Manage the response to requests about your data.
2.1 Logic Model
At this point, a description of the system will be made using diagrams. Description of the operating model for the institution in order to explain the protocols. The GFBI is made up of the following command groups:
- Data Providers: All GFBI members who have contributed data.
- Steering Committee: They are the members with the capacity to decide on the acceptance of requests
- Governing Board: They are the members with the capacity to evaluate discrepancies of the steering committee.
Protocol to be a member of the GFBI
To become a member, you must send your data, with this form, including the reference of a GFBI member. The request will be evaluated and, if positive, an email will be sent with the necessary data to access the GFBI DMS.
Add New Dataset Process Flows
A good practice to be able to add new data sets is to use the GFBI-2 template for the structure of your data, in this way the integration process will be much easier. The data integration process requires a series of specific information for its cataloguing and registration, as well as checks on possible errors in the data. Once the integration process has been successfully completed, the members of the steering committee will be informed by mail.
Data Request Process Flows
- When a data request occurs, all members of the Steering Committee are informed to evaluate the request, the maximum established time for this process is 15 days. According to the decisions made there are two possible ways.
- All members of the steering committee approve the request.
- One or more members of the steering committee reject the request.
- The request reaches the data providers.
The request must be answered by all providers before giving access to the data, for this process there is a maximum established time of 21 days. After that time an automatic response occurs depending on the policy applied on their data. (step 3)
- At the end of this process, an email is sent to the data requestor, informing of the data available to him and the way in which he can access them.
- If the request is rejected, an email is sent to the data requestor informing him of the decision and the request is closed.
At this point, the navigation through a window graph will be described. This diagram represents the windows system, the navigations between them are represented by arrows. The most significant paths have been represented.
This section describes the graphical interface with the main features of the application.